About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Friday 2 June 2017

30 Day Wellness Challenge Day Two: Better Sleeping Habits


For Day Two of my 30 Day Wellness Challenge, I have decided to tackle my poor sleeping habit.  For years, I was chronically sleep deprived.  As a student, I pulled all nighters on the regular.  Even as a working stiff, I would keep late hours reading or watching telly as a way to escape the boredom of my waking hours spent in a cubicle.  Then, my health took a nose dive.  Night after night was spent tossing and turning in pain, trying to count sheep and failing.  Because I wasn't getting quality REM sleep, my memory and cognitive functions were impacted.  So I figured I might as well start staying up late, aimlessly surfing the Net.  Better that than miserably trying to sleep.  It didn't help that Monsieur loves falling asleep to the telly.  I don't know how many times I have had to get up at 3 or 4 am to turn off the telly.  Now, I picked sleep as today's actionable task because this is something that, normally, does not require buy-in from other household members.  Obviously, my goal might be a little harder to achieve because I find it very difficult to fall asleep with the television blaring away.  But, I am determined to give it a shot because I want to get up the next day without feeling like I haven't rested at all.  I am positive that getting a good sleep will help me to lead a more balanced life.
I hope you will continue to follow along on my journey.  Use #30days2wellnesslbh on Instagram so I can find you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...