About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Sunday 18 June 2017

30 Days to Wellness Challenge Day 18: Positive Thinking and Support Systems



If you grew up surrounded by negativity, learning to keep a positive frame of mind can take a lot of hard work and practice until it becomes the new normal.  You may receive push back from those closest to you who resist the change in status quo.  This can be a painful process as it is intrinsic in human nature to resist change and to be fearful of the unknown.  We all know someone who loves to be the troublemaker, that one needy person who sucks all of the oxygen out of the room and makes you feel exhausted and deflated.  It is important to maintain some distance for your own sanity and equilibrium.  I do know firsthand how difficult this can be but I realized it was absolutely essential in order for me to get a grip on my stress levels.  For example, there was one person who insisted on calling me up at 1, 2 and even 3 am in the morning simply to vent, never mind that I had to get up early the next morning.  I don't take those phone calls anymore.  I had to become choosy in structuring a support system around me that was positive and uplifting.  I also had to learn to become my own support system, my own cheerleader, and safeguard myself.  After all, if I didn't, who would?

If you have any suggestions for the Wellness Challenge, let me know in the comments so I can include them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...