About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Wednesday 21 June 2017

30 Days to Wellness Challenge Day 21: Decreasing Exposure to EMF's in the Bedroom


I don't know when it started but I began leaving my cellphone and tablet on my bedside table overnight or sometimes, if I fell asleep before moving them, they would be on the bed beside me.   I am sure that having a cellphone on the bedside table overnight is a common phenomenon especially if it is used as an alarm clock.  However, for Day 21, I want to try to decrease the EMF's in the bedroom.  I know that there is a growing body of evidence that shows the deleterious effects of longterm exposure to high levels of EMF's.  WiFi devices that are on all night long and constantly polling for a signal emit a large quantity of EMF's which can lead to poor quality sleep amongst other things.  My sleep has been terrible for months and anything that can improve it would be a boon.  As well, every time there is a notification, I just can't resist checking my phone even if it is the middle of the night.  It is as if I have fallen into the trap of FOMO without even realizing it.  So from now on, I can going to make a conscious effort to turn them off at night or, at the very least, place them as far away from the bed as possible.  Even if you don't believe in the downside of EMF exposure, if you use your phone as an alarm clock, placing it far away from the bed will force you to get up on time instead of hitting the snooze button over and over again.  So win, win!

Stay tuned as we cruise towards the last leg of the Challenge!  Now is your chance to include any suggestions in the comments!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...