About L'Heure Bleue At Home

Shop Photo Gallery

Offers and Discount Codes

Sunday 18 June 2017

LBH Weekly Roundup: Wamsutta Bed Linens and Purdys Chocolates for Father's Day


Time for another Weekly Roundup!  I had to buy new bedlinens this week.  I had a set of bamboo sheets on the bed.  I remember being very excited about switching to bamboo as it is touted as being a sound environmental alternative to cotton.  Sadly, it just was not durable. The stitching unraveled on the pillowcases and a threadbare spot the length of my legs appeared.  It was almost as if the fabric was dissolving.  I loved how silky soft it was but its inability to stand up to ordinary usage was disappointing.  So it is back to good old Wamsutta, a label that I know and trust.  It was a little startling to go back to cotton as the new sheets are quite crisp to the touch, especially when you have been sleeping on bamboo sheets for a while.  Do you have bamboo sheets and what has been your experience?


Today is Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.  Monsieur got a box of Purdys Chocolates, his absolute favourite.  It amuses me greatly that it has "Dad's Stash" printed on the lid.  To be honest, I was greatly tempted to sneak a taste as I love the Hedgehogs and the Peanut Butter bars.  Monsieur actually accused me of helping myself (notice the gap at the top right hand corner) but I promise that is exactly how the box was packaged!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...